Access Culture aims to promote access – namely physical, social and intellectual – to cultural participation.
Accesso Culture is a not-for-profit association of culture professionals and people concerned with issues of access.
Our main objectives are:
– To place the issues related to accessibility – physical, social and intellectual – in the centre of the reflection and practice of the cultural sector;
– To contribute towards the technical preparation of culture professionals in what converns accessibility promoting change on the ground;
– To promote dialogue and reflection regarding accessibility in public fora;
– To publicly intervene whenever people´s right of access to culture is not respected.
In order to fullfil its mission and objectives, Access Culture:
– Organizes training courses in areas related to access;
– Conducts audits and gives technical consultation to cultural institutions (under construction or existing ones), in order to promote the princíples of access and give support in the implementation of the resulting recommendations;
– Organizes seminars, conferences and workshops, with the objective to create a forum of debate and the promotion of best practices;
– Promotes and participates in the developmet of research projects related to access;
– Participates in projects that aim to promote thinking and best practices in relation to access;
– Shares news and studies related to access;
– Aims to cooperate with similar organizations, nacional or foreign, which share the same concerns and objectives.
Access Culture 2013-2016